- <<Check out our great resources each week!>>
- <<Denver Post eEdition is free for classrooms!>>
Why Use the Newspaper?
- Newspapers make learning fun.
- Newspapers are easy to use.
- Newspapers are extremely flexible
and adaptable to all curriculum areas and grade levels.
- Newspapers motivate students to
- Newspapers keep students informed.
- Newspapers link students to the
- Newspapers are a common community
link -a community talking to itself.
- Newspapers are an excellent remedial
tool with high status as an adult medium.
- Newspapers help students understand
freedom of the press and other rights guaranteed in the Constitution.
- Newspapers are ideal for building
many educational skills such as locating information, identifying the main
idea of a paragraph, developing better critical thinking skills, understanding
cause and effect, recognizing important details, determining accuracy, proof
reading, anticipating outcomes, and improving skimming, scanning and surveying
- Newspapers build good reading
- Newspapers can be cut, marked,
clipped, pasted, filed.
- Newspapers give everybody something
interesting to read.
- Newspapers entertain as they teach.
- Newspapers are a cost effective way