Feb. 15, 2012: Be Kind!
The Mini Page is a syndicated, four-page tabloid written for young children found each Wednesday in The Denver Post. This issue of The Mini Page is available through the eEdition Archive to registered eEdition subscribers. Click here to learn about subscribing to the eEdition at no cost to you (for Colorado teachers).
1. Use newspaper pictures to create a card thanking someone who was kind to you.
2. How are these pairs connected: Cupid and arrows, Saint Valentine and a letter, and valentines and the post office?
3. Find three people in your newspaper for whom you would like to perform an act of kindness. Explain what you could do.
4. Find examples in your newspaper of people who show (a) courage, (b) leadership, (c) friendship and (d) responsibility.
5. Make a list of five people you can help. Make a plan to help each one. Now, follow your plan!
Mini Page activities meet many state and national educational standards. Each week we identify standards that relate to The Mini Page content and offer activities that will help your students reach them. This week's standard:
Students demonstrate respectful and caring relationships in the family, workplace and community. (Family and Consumer Science: Interpersonal Relationships)