|All the lessons in this section use The Denver Post eEdition, provided free of charge for classroom use to Colorado teachers. For more information about receiving the eEdition, click here.
- Colorado Kids Lessons
Colorado Kids is a weekly four-page news section in the Tuesday Denver Post designed for grades 4-8, with online materials to match each issue.
- Assessment Test - multiple choice questions, plus proofreading and writing activiites
- Word Bank - vocabulary words for each issue, definitions and an activity
- Weblinks - websites with more information about the topics covered in each issue of Colorado Kids
- Colorado’s Historic Newspaper Collection and eEdition Lessons
A series of lessons covering a variety of topics and content areas using historic newspapers and current eEditions
- Denver Post Current Events Quiz
Questions based on news stories in the Sunday Denver Post, with answer key.
- Interactive Denver Post Current Events Quiz
Interactive multiple choice questions based on news stories in the Denver Post. Log into the eEdition and look in Extras on the left hand side for a link to the quiz.
- eEdition Overview and FAQs
Learn more about the features of the eEdition, plus a Power Point presentation you can use with your students
- Everyday Economics
An archive of lessons (elementary and secondary). Each includes a link to a newspaper article, economic terms and concepts, discussion and student questions
- Knight Writer Writing Prompt
A weekly writing prompt based on an article, story or photo in the newspaper, with tips on improving writing
- Language Arts Lessons
Standards-based Language Arts lessons based on the Sunday Denver Post
- Math Lessons
Standards-based math lessons based on the Sunday Denver Post
- Mini Page Lessons
The Mini Page is a syndicated, four-page tabloid written for young children printed in the Wednesday Denver Post. Get 5 standards-based activities around each week's theme. Includes an archive of lessons which can be used with the eEdition archive. (K-4th grade)
- Monthly Student Activities
Activities for elementary, middle school and high school around specific holidays or annual events, plus a monthly NIE instructional calendar.
An archive of weekly lessons, includes five activities each tiered for Elementary, Middle and High School